Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Textile Pattern


This picture was a very stressful, yet fun project to work on. The assignment was to create a quilt pattern using at least six images that we found on the internet, then changed in photo shop,then arranged in a quilt-like pattern. I used six different images, and changed aspects such as the color and the texture, and enlarged some so that it was completely different than the original image. I then cropped and rotated each image so that it fit perfectly on the quilt template I picked out. It was surprisingly hard to align all of the images properly without any gaps or overlay, and it took a considerable amount of time. I wanted the quilt pattern to be bright and colorful, which I feel I achieved pretty well. I don't like how dark the center image turned out, it was originally a picture of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's tribal tattoos on his arm, and when I enlarged the image it created a really interesting pattern that I wish had shown up more. In regards to the finished quilt pattern, I like how busy and bright it is, its a fun poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment