Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Final Grandparents Residence

1 comment:

  1. This board shows the kitchen and living room spaces. I wanted to put these together because they are next to each other in the actual layout of the house, and they are the first rooms you would walk into upon entering the grandparents space. The kitchen features a bamboo slat partition that provides separation for the dining room from the front door entrance while simultaneously still allowing a view into the kitchen and dining room. The flooring is a dark gray slate, making it an easy floor to clean and wheel around on for those in wheelchairs. The dark mahogany cabinetry complements the light colored bamboo, and the golden colored walls of the living room. To accent the colors of the brick wall in the living room I chose a low cut pile green carpet- again making it an easy floor to clean, as well as roll on. The golden colored wall covering in the living room is the same as the dining room, bathroom, kitchen and south entry way in order to unify all the spaces and create a single living space.
    Looking at the boards now, I realize that I need to work on cutting straight lines, and border lines around all of the drawings in order to make everything look more professional and complete. But as for the way it looks all around, I am pleased with the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete