Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Textile Reflection

This is an image of the final textile pattern that I chose to turn into a fabric to be used for my art hotel. I love the pattern and the flow of the fabric, and it embodies the Australian train station beautifully. Choosing a color scheme turned out to be a challenge because the pattern is a bit intense, and many colors were too much for this, so I went with neutral brown/ beige colors that contrats nicely against the black in the back ground. What I dont like about the design is the middle square section. it looks odd because its so plain and a little awkward compared to the rest of the design, and I would like to eliminate that part and just join the pattern together in the middle to create one whole piece. A feature that I have grown to like is the lines that separate the squares/ modules. At first I really didn't like them and I tried to eliminate them, but the way the pattern lined up wouldn't allow me to get rid of them fully, and now that I see them in full context I think it adds interest. This was definitely a learning experience on pattern and design, and the next time I make a fabric I will have better ideas about what aspects work and what doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment