Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Kitchen Design

This is the "final" board for the kitchen. We will be finalizing certain details in the final project, but for now this is what the kitchen looks like. The materials I chose to use are cement flooring with radiant heating, and bamboo cabinetry with granite counter tops. The walls are a golden yellow textured vinyl, with a bright blue tile back-splash. The hardware, cook top and sinks are all stainless steel, and the retractable glass window around the bar will serve as a way to close off certain parts of the house to make it more private when necessary. The entire kitchen is wheelchair accessible, as well as suitable for universal design, meaning it is able to be easily used by multiple generations, including those with disabilities. The kitchen was a lot of work, more than expected, but it was extremely fun to learn about and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment