Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Design Poster

This poster represents The Colonial Revival design style, popular in the early 1900's. I love this style, and I think the poster effectively conveyed how the Colonial Revival period looked. I chose a textured background in a neutral color, common in this particular era, and chose bright, clear photos to represent evidence of the design style. In order to show a wide variety of elements used in this time period, I used photos of lighting, door handles, trim, bedding, and full views into various rooms of houses to provide an in depth look at the revival design style. Since I am designing a modern hotel utilizing aspects of this Colonial style, I tried to find photos showing actual spaces of that time period (the bedroom), as well as more current interpretations of the design to show how I could potentially use them, and how they would look now. I am very pleased with the outcome of the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment