Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

This is a poster I designed to represent the artist I have chosen as inspiration for my art hotel. The artists' name is Aaron Reed, originally from Portland, Or. I enjoy the beautiful photographs full of energy, color and interest that Reed takes, which was the reason I chose him, and I plan to incorporate his artful photographs into both the physical and aesthetic aspects of my bed and breakfast hotel. As far as the design goes, I am pleased with the overall look of the poster. The dark background contrasts the bright photographs very well, and the layout allowed me to display a decent amount of photographs to better show Reed's work. Unfortunately I see now how the white writing is not easy to read, and that could be frustrating for someone trying to gather information from the poster. In the future I will remember how that had a negative impact on the poster's final appearance, and find a different way to convey the written information.

No comments:

Post a Comment