Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Final concept model



This is the final concept model I designed to represent the concept of the depot. It originated from the Southern Cross Train Depot in Melbourne, Australia. The ceiling in the Southern Cross Train depot is a series of squares tied together to form a curving pattern/motion, so I tried to mirror that idea with my model in an abstract way. My model features square panels that link together that flow into a curving pattern, similar to Southern cross. I wanted to incorporate my ideas for the hotel into the model as well, so I had the squares curve off into the distance, symbolizing guests' stay at the hotel, as well as representing my artists work. I want the stay in the hotel to be a surreal experience, where guests could get lost in the design of the hotel. My artist, Aaron Reed's photography has the same feeling. The way his pictures develop is almost unreal, which is what I wanted to incorporate into the design of the model. It curves in an unrealistic and playful manner, which is exactly the idea intended for my depot design.

No comments:

Post a Comment