Ariel's Interior Design Portfolio

Hello, my name is Ariel, and I am currently an interior design major at Washington State University. Interior design is one of my biggest interests, and I plan on making a fun and exciting career out of it. The area that I am most interested in specializing in is ecological sustainability through interior design, while simultaneously maintaining functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I plan on graduating WSU with a masters degree in interior design, then traveling over the world furthering my career and design experiences.

These are some projects and sketches I did while in summer school 2010. This was the first interior design class I have taken.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Process

These are samples of the many process pieces of work I did for the depot design. I did them all on trace, because trace paper is easy to maneuver and makes a great overlay. Included in my design process I experimented with numerous floor plans to decide on the best option for the hotel. Along with drawing and redrawing plans, I sketched what the room would look like along side the plan to get a better 2-d representation of the room. I think sketching up what the spaces would look like was extremely helpful in visualizing the space more clearly and in a different way. Looking at plan views is always good, but being able to bring that space up into a different view helped me make a lot of decisions and I was able to better see how things would/would not work. Along with sketching and plan views, I created numerous blocking diagrams and bubble diagrams to help myself in space planning and adjacencies. These are helpful because they help me to see the relationship between rooms and how spaces should fit together in order to make a more realistic and functional design. All of these elements combined helped me to make a design and floor plan I was very pleased with, and I enjoyed doing it.








No comments:

Post a Comment